António Madeira Vinhas Velhas Red 2020

25,50 €

This wine results from the combination of the various small parcels of old vines with ages from 50 to 100 years, cultivated by António Madeira with dedication. This wine illustrates the philosophy of the Producer, is intense in flavour, deep, mineral, fresh and with a salivating salinity. This wine expresses the character and elegance of the terroir. It takes us back in time to discover the aromas and flavours of the foothills of...

Read More

More details

In Stock

Add to wishlist

Preview the shipping fees
Producer António Madeira
Region Dão
Sub-Region Serra da Estrela
Grapes Mixture of old vines, 75% of Baga, Jaen and Tinta Amarela. In the remaining 25%, there are more than 20 old varieties, Marufo, Tinta Pinheira, Negro Mouro, Tinta Carvalha, Bastardo, Alfrocheiro, Touriga Nacional, Alicante Bouschet and many others.
Soil Small parcels of old vines with ages from 50 to 100 years.
Winemaking In the winemaking were used natural methods focused on the expression of the earth and the climatic year, without using enzymes or oenological products, but very low doses of sulphites.
Aging 18 months in used French oak barrels, followed by another 3 months in stainless steel.
Capacity 750 ml
Volume Alcohol by Volume: 13,5%
Temperature 16ºC - 18ºC
Harmonizations Roast codfish, roast lamb and roast veal.

Since 2010 António Madeira, a Portuguese-descendant Frenchman with family roots in Dão, Serra da Estrela, has been researching and growing old vines located in special places. With passion, dedication and precision, applying methods that are respectful for the life of the soil and that facilitate the expression of the terroir in the wines. It does not use herbicides and works the soils manually with hoes and the help of a horse.
The philosophy of winemaking is focused on the search for the expression of the terroir of the Serra da Estrela, using no oenological product other than sulphurous.

Dry Sweet
Un-oaked Oak aged
Light Full-bodied
Drink now To cellar

We suggest other products you might like!

Utilizamos cookies. Ao continuar a navegar, assumimos que concorda com o seu uso. OK

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Wineclick will use the information you provide in this form to contact you within the scope of your business activities and with a view to marketing purpose. Please confirm that we can contact you by email by selecting the field below:

x Leaving so soon?

Get 10% OFF on your first order if you sign up now our Newsletter!

Subscribe now!
x Don't miss this offer!

Get 10% OFF on your first order if you sign up now our Newsletter!

Subscribe now!