António Madeira Os Granitos Red 2017 View larger

Free Delivery Shipping Portugal Mainland

António Madeira Os Granitos Red 2017

51,20 €

Wine that expresses the complexity of the soil of a small centennial plot, where we find 5 types of granite soils. It expresses the character and elegance of the land where it was born. It takes us back in time to discover the aromas and flavours of the foothills of Serra da Estrela, in the Dão of old. Pure nose, with great identity, complex. Granite covered with stone fruit, sensations of aromatic herbs, flowers and pine trees....

Read More


More details

In Stock

Add to wishlist

Preview the shipping fees
Producer Producer: António Madeira
Oenology: Miguel Abrantes
Region Dão DOP
Sub-Region Serra da Estrela
Grapes Field blend of more than 20 autochthonous castes, 60% composed by Tinta Amarela, Baga, Jaen, in the remaining 40% we find Alicante Bouschet, Tinta Pinheira, Negro Mouro, Marufo, Bastardo, Tinta Carvalha, Alfrocheiro and many others.
Soil Single vineyard comes from a 100 years old vine that António cultivates and where you can see the soil changing when you are walking, showing 5 kind of soils in a small area, granits with different kind of textures and different colors.
Winemaking The winemaking philosophy is focused on seeking the expression of the terroir of Serra da Estrela. As such, no oenological product was used except for very low doses of sulphur. The alcoholic fermentation took place naturally with the indigenous yeasts in the wine press. Little extraction was sought, working by "infusion" in search of the elegance and finesse characteristic of the region. The fermentation temperature was regulated with ice bags and the cold of the mountain nights.
The wine was then transferred to used barrels, where it underwent malolactic fermentation until the following spring and aged for 18 months.
Bottling took place in August 2019. It then aged in bottle for a further 2 years and was released to the market 4 years after the harvest.
Aging 18 months in 500L Austrian oak barrels.
Capacity 750 ml
Volume Alcohol by Volume: 14%
Temperature 16ºC - 18ºC
Harmonizations Cod dishes, lamb, red meats and white meats.

Since 2010 António Madeira, a Portuguese-descendant Frenchman with family roots in Dão, Serra da Estrela, has been researching and growing old vines located in special places. With passion, dedication and precision, applying methods that are respectful for the life of the soil and that facilitate the expression of the terroir in the wines. It does not use herbicides and works the soils manually with hoes and the help of a horse.
The philosophy of winemaking is focused on the search for the expression of the terroir of the Serra da Estrela, using no oenological product other than sulphurous.

Dry Sweet
Un-oaked Oak aged
Light Full-bodied
Drink now To cellar

We suggest other products you might like!

Utilizamos cookies. Ao continuar a navegar, assumimos que concorda com o seu uso. OK

Subscribe to our Newsletter



Subscribe to our Newsletter



Wineclick will use the information you provide in this form to contact you within the scope of your business activities and with a view to marketing purpose. Please confirm that we can contact you by email by selecting the field below:

x Leaving so soon?

Get 10% OFF on your first order if you sign up now our Newsletter!

Subscribe now!
x Don't miss this offer!

Get 10% OFF on your first order if you sign up now our Newsletter!

Subscribe now!