Xisto Cru White 2018

29,90 €

Wine with citric aromas of the bark of the fruit and its flower, slight notes of tropical fruits, mineral with notes of wet stone and gunpowder, reserved but with great aromatic complexity. The mouth is very fresh and lively, vertical with well-marked acidity, shows intensity and concentration proper of old, citric vineyards also in the test ends with a slight note of smoke. It has great ageing potential and will benefit from a few years in the bottle.

More details

In Stock

Add to wishlist

Preview the shipping fees
Producer Producer & Winemaker: Luís Seabra
Region Douro DOC
Grapes Rabigato (70%), remaining 30% with Códega, Gouveio, Viosinho and Donzelinho Branco
Soil The grapes are from the Region of Meda in the Upper Douro, coming from 3 vineyards with more than 80 years, are planted between 650 and 700 metres altitude with exposures to the Southeast and Northwest.
Winemaking The winemaking process was very simple and involved fermentation and ageing in used French oak barrels, the intention is to capture the energy of the Rabigato grape variety present in these vines and this region.
Aging 10 months in used French oak barrels.
Volume Alcohol by Volume: 12,5%
Bottle Size: 75 cl
Temperature 12ºC - 14ºC
Harmonizations Grilled or oven-baked fish, seafood bisque, pasta dishes with truffles and soft cheeses.

Luís Seabra, producer and winemaker, irreverent in its essence, aims to make wines that show where they come from. Wines of terroir, from specific vineyards, almost without intervention. True and honest wines!

After many years working for others, Luis Seabra decided to follow his path, and in 2013 Luis Seabra Vinhos was born, the mission is to create wines that tell about the place where they are coming from, made with a minimal intervention philosophy respecting their nature and character. He wants his wines to be able to show the different soils where the vineyards are planted, the different altitudes and exposures, their differences, and similarities With the conscience that these are just the first steps of a long road, the adventure still is to discover the old and unknown vineyards that resist over the years. He wants above all to create unique wines. Over these years he developed a special relationship with some of the old vines. Those are not lush and their trunks mostly are not thick and imposing. On the contrary - they are slender and twisted, have their serenity coming from age. They respond more calmly than the other vineyards to various weather conditions, holding better the heat peaks and water stress and also resisting better the rain that insists on dropping before the harvest. Those vineyards have a singular character given by the site where they are planted and the varieties that make up the mixture. If we respect the individuality of the grape in the winery the wines will be as the vineyards - discrete, not exuberant, and with a depth and complexity coming from the long years of experience.

Dry Sweet
Un-oaked Oak aged
Light Full-bodied
Drink now To cellar

We suggest other products you might like!

Utilizamos cookies. Ao continuar a navegar, assumimos que concorda com o seu uso. OK

Subscribe to our Newsletter



Subscribe to our Newsletter



Wineclick will use the information you provide in this form to contact you within the scope of your business activities and with a view to marketing purpose. Please confirm that we can contact you by email by selecting the field below:

x Leaving so soon?

Get 10% OFF on your first order if you sign up now our Newsletter!

Subscribe now!
x Don't miss this offer!

Get 10% OFF on your first order if you sign up now our Newsletter!

Subscribe now!