António Madeira Old Vines White 2016 View larger


António Madeira Old Vines White 2016

21,80 €

This white wine Old Vines 2016 comes from several vines aged between 50 and 120 years old. We find in these vineyards mixed native varieties, about twenty varieties, where the Siria , Bical , Fernão Pires ,  Arinto and  Cerceal stand out. In the winemaking were used natural methods focused on the expression of the earth and the climatic year, without using enzymes or oenological products, but very low doses of sulphites....

Read More

More details

In Stock

Add to wishlist

Preview the shipping fees
Dry Sweet
Un-oaked Oak aged
Light Full-bodied
Drink now To cellar
Cellar Dão DOP
Sub-Region Serra da Estrela
Year 20 old grape varieties, based 80% of Siria, Fernão Pires, Bical, Arinto and Cerceal and others not yet identified.
Aging 70% of the blend aged in French and Austrian oak barrels and the remaining 30% in stainless steel for 11 months. The final blend aged another 10 months in stainless steel.
Volume Alcohol by Volume: 13%
Bottle Size: 75 cl
Harmonizations Ideal to go along with baked fish in the oven, cod dishes, poultry, white meats and Serra da Estrela cheese
Should be consumed at a temperature of 10º to 12º C

Since 2010 António Madeira, a Portuguese-descendant Frenchman with family roots in Dão, Serra da Estrela, has been researching and growing old vines located in special places. With passion, dedication and precision, applying methods that are respectful for the life of the soil and that facilitate the expression of the terroir in the wines. It does not use herbicides and works the soils manually with hoes and the help of a horse.
The philosophy of winemaking is focused on the search for expression of the terroir of the Serra da Estrela, using no oenological product other than sulphurous.

  • Reviews
  • No customer reviews for the moment.

    Write a review

    We suggest other products you might like!

    Utilizamos cookies. Ao continuar a navegar, assumimos que concorda com o seu uso. OK

    Subscribe to our Newsletter

    Subscribe to our Newsletter

    Wineclick will use the information you provide in this form to contact you within the scope of your business activities and with a view to marketing purpose. Please confirm that we can contact you by email by selecting the field below:

    x Leaving so soon?

    Get 10% OFF on your first order if you sign up now our Newsletter!

    Subscribe now!
    x Don't miss this offer!

    Get 10% OFF on your first order if you sign up now our Newsletter!

    Subscribe now!